The Old Chapel is located at 200 S. Division in Whitehall, Michigan. It is located next to the Whitehall Post Office or just a block south of the Subway restaurant on Colby Street.
The Old Chapel is definitely old. The auditorium was built in 1876, the year of our country’s centennial. It began as a congregational church and later became the meeting location for the New Beginnings Church.
But now it is a center for Christian and community events. It hosts events of its own creation or rents its facilities to others. Upstairs is a beautiful auditorium and below it is a social hall and a large commercial kitchen. The social hall has chairs, tables, and numerous games (pool, ping-pong, foosball, etc) for those wanting some playtime.